Healthy & Fit Schools Jan. 6, 2020
Foyil Public School
Healthy and Fit School Committee Agenda
January 6, 2020
Call To Order
Memberssign in on sheet
- Red Ribbon Week (Oct. 28- Nov. 1)
- Jackiehas a contact with the Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau, and they will do a presentation to our Faculty at no cost to the district for in-service next August 2020. They will target the drug and alcohol issues most used in our area.
- Foyil Running Club is still active and has approximately 42consistent runners.
- Anyone interested in healthy recipe exchanges?
Lice Issues/Student Hygiene Issues:
- CPR/First Aid/AED training for faculty and staff will be next August, just before the In-service.
- Review the 72 Hour Emergency Plan for Students with Medical Needs.
- Students with diabetes.
Oklahoma State Dept. Standards and Food Choices are being followed by our Cafeteria.
School Health Index:
- Our SHI is due this spring. (It will be current for 3 years). I have a packet for each of you to fill out and return to me. I will score the document for you.
- Foyil HS, JH, and Elementary have applied for Certified Healthy Schools. They had an overwhelming response this year in applications so we will have to wait to see what award status we receive for this year. This will be helpful when applying for grants in the future.