Safe School Agenda Jan. 6, 2020
Foyil Public Schools
Safe School Committee Meeting Agenda
January 6, 2020
Call To Order
Members sign in on sheet.
- Threat Risk Assessment:
- Identify students that may be at risk
- Establish who will interview students of concern, classmates, teachers, parents, etc.
- Policies in place for various concerning and prohibited behaviors
- Reporting mechanisms for victims and witnesses
- School Resource Officer/law enforcement intervention
- During an Intruder on Campus Threat: Discuss possible rally points.
- Teachers know what belongs and what does not. Keep your head on a swivel for anyone carrying something that might look suspicious.
- Bus Drivers, check list for bus and surrounding area.
- Discuss back up plan if busses are unable to be utilized.
- Bullying issues
- Discuss at school and online Bullying issues and recommendations for use of forms given out at our meeting in August 2019.
- Operation Aware for 11th and 5th grades
- Is there anything second semester for students scheduled (such as the sextortion presentation)
- Challenge Day for 7th and 8th Grades Jan. 13, 2020.
- Suicide Prevention/Crisis Team Meeting is scheduled for today at 8:00am.
- Review the 72-hour Emergency Plan for Students with Medical Needs. A copy of this has be given to the medical team as well.
- Discuss Human Trafficking.
- Check that phone numbers on contact list are correct.
- New business.